This summer has been HOT, HOT, HOT! It is tempting to stay inside with the air conditioning, but then you'd miss the natural beauty of Myrtle Beach- particularly, the 90 local golf courses! If you're headed to Myrtle Beach this summer and looking to golf, then we've got some tips to help you stay cool while you're on the green.
1. Wear breathable attire. Choose loose-fitting, light-colored clothing made of moisture-wicking material that will keep you cool.
2. Protect yourself from the sun. Wear sunscreen and a hat or visor!
3. Hydrate. When golfing, it is always fun to sip a cold beer, but in the summer, alcohol can be dangerous. Try to drink water, Gatorade, Powerade, or another drink with electrolytes to help you prevent dehydration.
4. Eat snacks. Protein-filled, nutritious snacks will help you keep your energy up in the heat. Grab a protein bar, a banana, or nuts to snack on as you golf.
5. Golf early. Book a tee time early in the morning to enjoy cooler temperatures and less humidity.
For more advice, see Visit Myrtle Beach's guide to summer golf: https://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/blog/post/how-to-play-golf-in-the-summer-heat/
What's your favorite golf course in or near Myrtle Beach? Tell us in the comments!